Wednesday 25 September 2013

European Scrap Challenge - Mixed Media part 2

The task in round 2 of European Scrap Challenge was to use only one word. A word that described why we like having this hobby.
For my mixed media piece, I decided on the word DREAM. I wanted to use this word because playing in my journal really gives me peace of mind and lets my thoughts and dreams wander..

Here's the spread I did in my gorgeous journal 
(a ledger from the 60s - I love it!):


I've used Golden fluid acrylics Teal and Cadimum Yellow  + Dylusions Squeezed Orange to the background. The right hand circles are made from an empty kitchen roll (I used Distress Paint Black Soot).The circles on the left are coloured with Dylusions Squeezed Orange and Lemon Zest and cut out from a telephone book. I've circled them with my Sharpie and sewn around it on the sewing machine (not very easy when the paper is thin..).  
The star and figure stamp are from Dina Wakley, while the letters are Tim Holtz foam stamps.
I've also used TH tissue tape, bubble wrap and modeling paste...

Circles close up

The tag is coloured the new Dylusions pad inked up with Squeezed Orange, Bubblegum Pink and Lemon Zest. The stamp is from Tim Holtz / Stampers Anonymous.


It was so much fun doing this spread! And, I made it to the next round! How cool is that?!
Siv xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a comment! Mwah! :)