Monday 2 July 2012

Gift bag Tim Holtz style

I made this gift bag for my brother in law who had his birthday earlier this week. I figured that a boring present (two Björn Borg boxers and some chocolate) needed a not so boring wrapping...!


This is the "steampunk side" of the bag.
The background is made by black and red Dylusions ink sprays, some Distress ink (Pine needles) and a stamp from the Papillon stamp set (Tim Holtz).
For the tag I've used Adirondack Alcohol inks on the background (glossy paper) and used stamps from the Steampunk and Going Somewhere stamp sets. I've stamped with Archival ink (Jet black and Vermillon).
I've used some Film strip ribbon, Sprocket gears and a Philosophy tag (all idea-ology) as embellishments, plus some Mini gears (Sizzix Alterations by Tim Holtz) which I've "rusted".


Film strip ribbon and Sprocket gears are a must!

The other side is distressed with Vintage photo and stamped with images from the Wild West stamps set. Tim Holtz' of course! The swivel clasp is for attaching the birthday card.


The sides, distressed with Pine needles and Vintage photo. 
 I've used the "Spritz and flick" technique for some effect.

Thanks for watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a comment! Mwah! :)